Patient Education & Training
Do you have a family member or loved one that has long-term healthcare needs? Do you need help managing these situations in a way that lessens the length of time you need to hire a professional and continue advocating on your own or your family’s behalf? I can provide the education and training necessary to meet your medical needs.
“I wholeheartedly recommend Nancy to anyone who needs an experienced and caring advocate to help with their loved one’s healthcare needs. We put our total trust in her and she far surpassed our expectations.”
—L.K., New York, NY
Helping You AND Your Family and Loved Ones
Many individuals or families are faced early on in life with medical issues that are permanent and/or disabling. They often require an extensive amount of time and as such can be very costly long-term. I can help you manage these situations in a way that lessens the length of time you need to hire a professional and continue advocating on your own or your family’s behalf.
- You will learn effective systems that allow you to manage your long-term healthcare needs.
- You will learn how to continue advocating on your own behalf, long term.
- You will learn how to coordinate care among all your healthcare providers and how to communicate effectively with your healthcare team.
- You will better understand the importance of treatment plan compliance and how it affects effective outcomes.
- You will learn how to obtain detailed information from your healthcare team, which will allow you to gain a clear understanding of the diagnosis and treatment plan(s) recommended to you.
- You will learn and understand the risks of errors, infections and falls, and help reduce unnecessary re-hospitalizations or treatments, and miscommunication between treatment team members.
- You will better understand your rights as a patient with your healthcare providers and insurance companies.
- You will learn how to identify alternative support systems to help manage your care (family members, religious affiliations, neighbors, organizations and group).
- You will be provided alternative transportation options allowing you to get to appointments.
- You will learn how to explore other treatment options to assist you in the decision making process.